Implant supported dentures are different from traditional dentures in the way that they attach to your jaw. Traditional dentures use suction or adhesives to stay in place, which is not always highly successful. Implant supported dentures attach to dental implants that are placed in the jaw. The implants service as solid anchors to keep your dentures in place.
If this is an option you’re interested in, you may be wondering, how much do implant supported dentures cost in Scarsdale, New York? Here’s what you may expect.
Average Cost of Implant Supported Dentures
The cost of implant supported dentures varies greatly depending on the situation. A single dental implant to replace one tooth runs between $3,900and $6,500. A Completed arch of Implant supported Teeth may require as many as four dental implants, so your cost for one arch of teeth will most likely cost at least $18,000 to $36,000 per arch. If you need both upper and lower dentures, the cost will be more.
Factors Affecting the Cost
It is extremely difficult to pinpoint the exact cost of implant supported dentures because there are many factors that affect the cost, such as:
- Quality of the dentures. Dentures can be made with a variety of materials and methods that affect the quality. Higher quality dentures look more natural and may last longer than lower quality dentures. The higher the quality of the dentures, the higher the cost of the entire procedure.
- Number of implants. Each dental implant has a significant cost, so the more implants required to anchor your dentures, the higher the total cost will be. In some cases it requires only 4 implants per arch, but it could be more.
- Preparatory procedures (if necessary). For implant supported dentures to be successful, the jaw bone must be fit to receive the implants. This means that the bone must be thick enough and strong enough for implants to be placed. If there is not sufficient bone volume or density, a bone graft procedure can be done to prepare the jaw, which will add to the total cost of the process.
- Insurance. Dental implants are not usually covered by dental insurance.
- At Best your dental insurance may cover the cost of the extractions.
Are Implant Supported Dentures Worth the Cost?
Implant supported dentures may be more expensive than traditional dentures, but they have significant advantages.
- Implant supported dentures won’t slip out of place like traditional dentures can. They are held solidly in place by the implants placed in the jaw.
- The implants preserve the bone structure in the jaw, preventing bone loss that comes with traditional dentures.
- Implant supported dentures are more comfortable. Traditional dentures can pinch and put pressure on the gums causing pain and discomfort.
How to Make Implant Supported Dentures More Affordable
Implant supported dentures are a quality solution for full mouth tooth replacement. If this is the best option for you, don’t let the cost make you settle for a lesser option. There are ways to make it more affordable, even if your insurance doesn’t provide any coverage.
Financing allows you to pay for implant supported dentures in affordable monthly payments. CareCredit is one financing option that is designed to cover out of pocket medical costs that insurance doesn’t cover. CareCredit offers little or no interest for a promotional period of time. If you pay off the full cost of your procedure by the end of the promotional period, you can avoid paying interest.
Scarsdale Dental Group Provides Financing for Implant Supported Dentures
At Scarsdale Dental Group we believe that everyone deserves the highest quality dental care regardless of their financial situation. This is why we offer CareCredit to our patients as a means of financing dental procedures to make them more affordable.